Tuesday, April 17, 2007

How I get my Kicksss

Srsly, you've never felt the joy of tapau-ing, especially when you're in top form, and you kickss are fast like crazy! Ok, maybe not that fast, but tricking is important in helping your kickss land in. Sure, I've been kicked many times, on my head, my face, my mouth....even where the sun don't shine. I tell you, it is this kind of kicks that you don't wanna get. Even for a seasoned person like *ehem* myself, I get kicked 'where it matters' once in a while, and it ain't no walk in the park....this usually happens when you're partnered with guys who are about to go into seniorhood, and they tend to be very aggresive during sparring. As seniors, we are not compelled to strike them that hard, so we have to restrict our offense. First thing you know, you're toying with them, next thing that happens *pap* your groin hurts, your stomache hurts, your pride is shattered!!

So, I learnt my lessons not to employ high kicks the first thing in an attack combo. You'd never know if your opponent might decide to give you a lower front kick which tends to land on the wrong places. These days, a few trick punches do the trick in distracting attention. You follow up with a killer high kick to the face like this:
That is of course, if your opponent ain't too tall, otherwise vice versa might happen! You don't wanna look like this in front of your master... ya...rly.

3 comments:

YueN said...

Hmmm...no wonder la... it's the height, tsk tsk

So sensei, any advice on how i can stop kicking as if i'm in slow-motion or matrix mode?

Malicious said...

You must really want to smack the fellow. Train by lifting your legs, no matter how short they may be (like mine, though they are short, I still manage to kick some tall guys, no names pls, haha!) in the side kick and snap kick position. This will strengthen and enable you to kick fast and strong like the zebra. Can't say the same about the girrafe though...cheerio!

Linx said...

Hahahaha!!!! Imagine the Zebra trying to attack the girrafe with its mighty kicks! Lolz!!!

Ok.. I remember seeing "someone" doing it to a black "girrafe"!! As his attacks aint reaching, so he used his "hissing" technic to scare the tall creature off!

Lolz!!!!